Monday, September 5, 2011

the first joys of pregnancy

Well the first trimester is a distant memory now… YAY!!!

OK, first off I want to applaud those women out there that have morning-sickness throughout their whole pregnancy and choose to have another baby!! Bless your heart!!

Now on to me! Because… well, isn’t that why you read this??? ;D

I did have morning sickness throughout the first 12 weeks. It started off with just HORRIBLE nausea but then turned into to the vomiting part. Even eating bananas brought on the chunks :P  I had to drive strategically (farthest left lane) so that, if needed, I could pull over quickly and throw my door open and not get my vomiting head taken off by a fellow driver. During my 8 week appointment I got two prescriptions for the nausea. One that was dissolvable and didn’t cause drowsiness, but gave me headaches and I only got 12 at a time, and one that wasn’t dissolvable, caused drowsiness (aka knocked me out), didn’t cause headaches, and got 30 at a time. (note: the dissolvable is helpful in that it gets into your system faster in case you vomit, and I have lost vitamins due to that occurrence) They did help a great deal. However, your gag reflex (or at least mine and Ashley’s) is much more sensitive and no amount of medicine helps when that is tripped.  A side note about pregnancy nausea and then vomiting is once you vomit you do not feel any better like you sometimes do when something you ate didn't sit well with you.

Another lovely and attractive symptom that I have had really bad is bloat and gas. Oh my goodness! On a number of occasions, I thought I was miscarrying because the pain was so awful.

I also got to, and still am for the most part, experiencing “stomach issues” (if you know what I mean), runny/stopped up nose, heartburn (sadly no more pizza or chili for me), and a wonderful bladder infection.

YAY FOR BABY COMING!!!!!!  I just have to keep remembering the end result!!!  And people keep telling me all the symptoms are a good sign. I’m taking it since I don’t remember any symptoms the first time.

So we have had an appointment at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 14 weeks, and one this Wednesday. We had a sonogram at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. This spoiled Ben a little, and he now thinks we should be able to get one every appointment. :) 

PS   I will be better about updating. I have had a hard time updating here and writing in my journal because I’m afraid I will jinx it and lose the baby. I know its an irrational fear but… HEY, I’m pregnant! And I think that is another side effect, irrational fears have flooded my mind….oooooo topic for another post I think ;)

SONO PICS!!!!!!

6 weeks – our little peanut! (the circle is the yolk sac)


6 week – close up (head is to the left)


6 weeks – close up with the measurement (on the bottom right)


8 weeks -  our little gummy bear (we thought that that’s what it looked like with the little nubby arms and legs) head is on the right


8 weeks – the dark spot in the head is the brain


8 weeks – measurement 2.07 cm!!!


8 weeks – heartbeat 166 beats per minute - one of the most beautiful sounds in the world :) LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy I could cry :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at my niece/nephew... but I am ready to know what you are having so I can start spoiling this kid! :)

    ReplyDelete